So, at the beginning of the year I set some goals. Lets see how I did. (Spoliers, not well.)
- Spend more quite time alone
- Result: Yeah, I did poorly on this. Some thigns in my life changed and I haven't had the same amount of alone time as I did before. But even so, I also failed to make the time to do this. I stopped thinking about it and so I stopped doing it. I'm going to carry this forward to next year and try (again) to pay more attention to this.
- Result: While I didn't do this how I said I was going do, I did a decent job with this. Meditaion has become part of my daily routine between 3 and 5 days a week. Its not a long sit, only 10 minutes, but it is very helpful.
- Read different things
- Result: Nope, not even a little. I didn't read/listen to nearly as many books this year. And the ones I did were pretty much right in my wheelhoues.
- Professional Development
- Result: Another one I didn't put the effort in that I should have. Nothing to show for this year.
- Result: If its possible, I made negative progress on this. In the last few months, I've had less time, and I've deveoted even less of that time to being fit. As a result, I got fat(er). I've started in earnest to correct that.
- Result: While 2017 isn't over yet, and I could still submit a show, I haven't.
- Write more often:
- Result: Well, I didn't write many reflections this year, but in the past weeks, I've begun making an effort with friends to do some small writing each week. I might end up sharing them here too.
So, that's my 2017 in review. On paper, it looks like I failed pretty hard. But I didn't. I only failed at the things I thought I was going to be doing.
Its beena hard year, but a really good year none-the-less. Thank you to everyone that helped make it that way.