As is fitting for the first week of the year, I've had several firsts this week. Mostly, its the first week I've been putting effort into my 2017 plan. Here's a quick update on the things I've accomplished.
- I made it to the gym twice this week. I wasn't as effective there as I'd like to be, but part of that was due to unrelated mental state. I hope to do better in the coming week
- I made time to meditate twice this week, but didn't specifically practice any midnfulness meditation.
- I spent about 1/2 of a commute to work with just myself.
Bouns firsts (not directly related to stated goals):
- My employer hosts a yoga class on Thursdays each week. I joined in for the first (and not last) time this week. I enjoyed it quite a bit, though I was sore for a few days after from a few of the poses that I was a bit over-eager with.
- This is the first post that's being written on my new laptop, after a bit of an ordeal (maybe more on that later).
- I made spicy yellow curry paste (I'm lead to believe this is the Indian style) from scratch, and then part of that became curry. It was quite good.
All of these together lead me to feeling like I'm in the dirvers seat of my life for the first time in quite a while. I've spent so much time reacting to the situations around me, that's its been a nice change to feel like I'm a little more in control of the chaos for once.
Go out, have a first, and enjoy.